Wedding planning can be exciting yet overwhelming all at the same time. Giving yourself time to properly plan, create a clear vision, and recruite help can help eliminate the overwhelming feeling and increase the excitement. When things begin to consume you (because they will lol) step back and put things in perspective. This day is about you and the person you love. God has blessed you with a mate, bring that back to front of your mind and get back on the wedding planning train. Here are some quick tips that will keep you on track during this newly exciting time in your life.1. Download Wedding Planning app and/or sign up on a wedding planning website: you want your planner to be with you always. This way if you have your phone, you can always plan a wedding plan.
- Zola.com: This website has an app as well. Zola focuses on wedding registry, but you can create a customized wedding checklist based on culture, location preference, and religion. Additional features include wedding websites and RSVP tracking all for free.
- WeddingWire.com: This website and app allows you to plan everything that involves your wedding. One of the coolest features is the budget which allows you to stay on track financially. You tell them what dollar amount you wish to spend, and a budget is created disbursing the money to all the wedding planning categories appropriately.
- iWed Planner app: This app covers a lot of bases. There’s a to-do list feature, keeping track of everything you need to do, you can also organize all your vendors in the app and take notes along the way. Another bonus feature within this app is the seating arrangement.
- Instagram: Start a collection on your IG account for all things wedding inspired. Have at least one, but if you are a super neat freak, have one for each category (décor, wedding dresses, hair/makeup). Also, search hashtags for the inspiration you are looking for (#romanticwedding, #rusticwedding, #luxurywedding)
- Pinterest: This is the place to go. By now we all know how Pinterest works if you need some to get started check out our article from our Beautiful Bliss Blog:
Facebook: Search Facebook groups, Here are our top picks:
- Fashion Forward Wedding Style Guide
- I'm Engaged! Now What?
- Wedding Planning Club
- Melanin in Matrimony -Wedding Planning for Brides of Color
WeddingWire has forums that can help answer questions that randomly come to mind and google isn’t getting the job done. I’m sure if you have thought of it, somebody else has too and the answer is out there.